Why Do I Need a Profile Photo?
This is a question I get asked at least once a week from potential clients who view my headshot portfolio.
Some questions that I may ask them back:
- Are you reconnecting with work or school colleagues and others on LinkedIn? This helps verify on some level who you are.
- Are you applying for a job in the civilian or government sector? Or both?
- Will your position involve face-to-face interaction or customer service?
- Are you exploring management and leadership options?
- Do you think that you have a look that really distinguishes you from others?
A profile photo, especially when used on social media, is often public. If you're in the market for a new position or you're actively networking your face should be public.
No comments posted.
Recent PostsYour Professional Story in Pictures Show Yourself Some LOVE Work is Work and Schnapps is Schnapps FAQ: What Do I Wear In My Headshot? Best Baby Moments Start with the Shower Catching the Tulips at Keukenhof A Man and His Roush Muscle Car Top 5 Reasons We Love German Easter Markets Behind-the-Scenes of a Marketing Shoot with Caitlin Hoffman Photo Booth Fun