Why Do I Need a Profile Photo?
This is a question I get asked at least once a week from potential clients who view my headshot portfolio.
Some questions that I may ask them back:
- Are you reconnecting with work or school colleagues and others on LinkedIn? This helps verify on some level who you are.
- Are you applying for a job in the civilian or government sector? Or both?
- Will your position involve face-to-face interaction or customer service?
- Are you exploring management and leadership options?
- Do you think that you have a look that really distinguishes you from others?
A profile photo, especially when used on social media, is often public. If you're in the market for a new position or you're actively networking your face should be public.
No comments posted.
Recent PostsLet Me Introduce Myself Photographing the 15th Annual Armed Services YMCA Angels of the Battlefield Gala "Airman to Mom" Women of the Military podcast interviews Trish Alegre-Smith Trish Alegre-Smith speaks at the National Military Spouse Network Summit 2021 Trish Alegre-Smith Interviewed in June 2021 Military Families Magazine Our 10th Cover for AmeriForce Media: June 2021 Issue of Military Families Magazine Editing versus Retouching Behind the Scenes: Sgt Cleo's First Magazine Shoot Falling for Fall Portraits! Trish Alegre-Smith interviewed on "Drop and Give me 20" Podcast